Western Drilling Tools Inc. (“WDT”) is a privately owned, Calgary AB based manufacturing company. We are focused on maintaining a strong reputation in the construction, exploration, waterwell, geothermal, mining and oil & gas industries.
WDT is a leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality drilling tools & equipment and we are committed to working together and building upon the strengths of the team. We believe in the continued growth of our company and our people. At WDT, we offer a positive, dynamic and challenging working environment. With a competitive total compensation package, WDT seeks the brightest and most talented professionals in their area of expertise.
To apply for a position listed below, please send your cover-letter and resume to email@example.com
Department: Reports to:
PRIMARY ROLE: Review technical drawings and solid models, verify material and tooling requirements, optimize and execute programs for maximum production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming the production of parts within the shop using MasterCam, G code
- Setting up, programming, and running the machine as well as other machines in the area
- Inspect parts and make sure that high quality parts are leaving
- Responsible for selecting and identifying tooling, programming, and setting feeds and speeds of cutting tools for all of the CNC machines
- Must be able to take the engineering part models and develop CNC machining simulations, tool menus, and programs which can be used to quickly/successfully set-up production on CNC mills
- Work closely with the machinists, production manager, vice president and CNC leads to organize
- Must work with both MasterCam and Solidworks
- Ensure that the tools and fixtures selected are available to be used by the machinists
- May be asked to use Solid Works to assist in drawing and designing components which will later be programmed
- Charged with the task of creating solid models to be used as technical drawings
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Only applicants with 4 or 5 axis mill experience will be considered
- Experience required with CNC mills Okuma IGF Machine
- Experience machining and programming using the CAM/CAD software with MasterCam preferred
- Must be able to set up and program CNCs
- Must be able to edit G code
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools accurately
- Successful candidate will possess problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Good communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.